Zivkovic’s International Summer Academy & Festival
for Marimba & Percussion 2022 (ZISAMP)
August 28th to September 3rd 2022 in VIENNA, Austria
Zivkovic’s International Summer Percussion Academy & Festival 2022! Vienna, Austria!
Join the international group of Marimba and Percussion enthusiasts at Zivkovic Marimba and Percussion Summer Academy. In 2022, Academy takes place in the centre of Vienna, Austria, inofficial music capital of the World. You will experience 6 very intensive days PACKED with concerts, lectures & masterclasses. EACH ACTIVE PARTITIPANT WILL GET 5 (yes, FIVE!!) INDIVIDUAL LESSONS DURING THE ACADEMY. ( open master class format, approx. 30 min each) In 2022, Nebojsa Jovan Zivkovic will invite again several top international guest artists from all over the world, in a unique combination of Soloists and Orchestral Percussionists from TOP orchestras. Aside the emphasis on Marimba and Marimba Duo, also Orchestral Timpani, Orchestral Percussion, Jazz Vibraphone, Marching snare, up to the film music- experience from the “World of Hans Zimmer”, will be presented, – we have it all prepared!
Academy is intended primarily for advanced marimba students, percussion teachers, professionals – but every one can benefit form this week. Also intermediate/less advanced players are welcome to enroll as active pertitipants at the Academy, if they prepare minimum two pieces of moderate difficulty. Selected participants may perform in public concerts on tour right after the Academy.
There will be two possibilities to participate
Festival & ACADEMY will accept: performing participants (active) or observers (passive participants, basically just any festival guests).
It is highly recommended that players who wish to be ACTIVE partitipants of the Academy, apply early, since the number of active participants is limited to 30.
(Apply early to get better rate and be sure that you can be active participant. We expect that summer 2022 will be booked out before the first deadline.
So, IF you want to attend, make SURE to apply early. You will also save 50 Euro if you apply before April 20th 2022).
Each active participant should prepare minimum two composition of his choice. ANY piece for Marimba, in addition to it, ANY snare drum, timpani or multipercussion piece. This year VEEERY cool JAZZ VIBES lesson will also be offered ( Multipercussion preferably one of Zivkovic’s multipercussion works, we have the instruments for it) Players of any level are welcome as observers (passive participant). Each active participant will get FIVE individual lessons on the prepared pieces (or on anything else he would like to learn) during the academy, (individual lesson, open master class format, whose length depends on the difficulty and length of the piece he is performing. approx. 20-40 minutes each lesson). All active partitipants will also perform in various chamber music combination coached by Nebojsa and other guest artists.
Passive participants will also be involved in fundamental questions like grip, technique, etc but will not be involved in any performing or any individual lesson.
PUBLIC CONCERT with the participants and Nebojsa Zivkovic
There will be a CLOSING concert on the last evening of the ZISAMP2022, with the SELECTED partitipants. We are working to organize additional public concert in Vienna, right after the course. (to be confirmed) ONLY selected participants will perform in a public concert that is scheduled right after the Academy. (that additional concert is NOT part of the Academy) We have several world class marimba and percussion guest teachers! Use this chance to come with your duo or group and get professional coaching in chamber music.
Last but not least, this is your chance to take you partner with you to Vienna, and have a dream vacation in one of the most beautiful cities on the Earth.
This is what you will get at ZISAMP 2022:
- As active partitipant, you will get FIVE (5!!) individual lessons (master class format) with different professors of your choice
- you can attend Timpani, Rudimental snare, Marimba duo and (Jazz)Vibraphone master classes and lectures of your choice, by various professorsm, – DAILY.
- You will work on pieces you prepare with Nebojsa and professors of your choice (included are also solo PERCUSSION works or chamber music)
- Fundamental performing problems – some aspects of mental attitude towards solo performing.
- DAILY Guest Artist Lectures!! Will include: Two-mallet technique, German timpani technique, orchestral studies, triangle, tambourin technique, Jazz Vibraphone Improvisation, Marching snare drum, and more
- DAILY MALLETS TECHNIQUE WITH NEBOJSA FOR ALL (four mallet grip and technical exercises)
- Aesthetics and developing of sound on marimba, timpani, snare drum (sound, endurance, power-kicks, etc..)
- Fun & NON-JAZZ improvisation on the marimba (as you know, improvisation was there much before Jazz was invented)
- Introduction of new works for marimba and percussion (bring YOURS if you have something interesting!!)
- Musical and formal analysis for all of Zivkovic’s compositions of interest, with emphasis on CONCERTOS.
- Chamber music, duets, percussion trios, marimba and piano, etc… (we intend to play some of that during the Academy)
- YAMAHA concert percussion instruments exibition, Sheet Music exibition, Mallets, merchandise, and BIG Discount on purchasing during the academy. you save a lot of $$$)
PROFESSORS of ZISAMP 2022 ARE:
- Nebojsa Jovan Zivkovic – (Europe) Marimba & anything else you desire to know from him
- Brian Barker (Canada/Germany) – Solo timpanist of the Hamburg State Opera, lecturer University of Hamburg
- Edoardo Giachino (Italy) – Solo Percussionist Orchestra di Accademia di Santa Cecilia, professor, Roma, Italy.
- David Christopher Panzl (Austria) Multipercussionist, marching specialist, Lecturer at State University Vienna
- Aleksandra Suklar (Slovenia/Austria) – affirming concert Artist & member of Hans Zimmer Band
- Tim Collins – (USA/Germany) Jazz Vibraphone international performer, & cool vibe youtuber, Lecturer at State University Vienna
- Lucid Duo (Austria): Irena Manolova (Bulgaria) & composer Tomasz Golinski (Poland) – marimba concert artists
COME AND ENJOY THIS FESTIVAL AND SUMMER ACADEMY!
MEET OTHER PERCUSSIVE FRIENDS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD, HAVE FUN & LEARN!
ACADEMY SITE: VIENNA, A HOLIDAY YOU WILL NEVER FORGET!
The Academy will take place in the facilities of YAMAHA AUSTRIA, in Vienna. Vienna is regarded as one of the most interesting cities world wide and offers marvelous touristic attractions. Make the trip of your life and take your family / partner with you for a wonderful vacation. Enjoy Viennas historic and modern Attractions, visit Austrian Alps and lakes, and experience unique Austrian hospitality. Right after the Academy you can Visit hundreds of world wide famous tourist sites like: Musikverein Wien, Konzerthaus, Staatsoper Wien, Belvedere Schloss, Karlskirche, Rathaus, and numerous of Museums and other attractions. In 2022 Zivkovic Summer Academy is far more than marimba and percussion academy only – it is life changing experience!
VIENNA at night 🙂
ARRIVAL, DEPARTURE AND DETAILS OF THE ACADEMY:
Total Academy duration is 6 days.
Arrival – on Sun. August 28th 2022 in the afternoon (around 1-3 PM).
Departure – on Sat. September 3rd in the morning. (last event is closing concert on Friday September 2nd in the evening)
Vienna has excellent public transportation system while car parking is expensive and not so convinient. We reccommend arrivals by train, plane or bus. There will be a welcome-meeting on arrival day in the afternoon, schedule of the active partitipants and opening public concert by Nebojsa and guest Professors in the evening, for everyone!
After 5 full days of work (6-7 hours per day master classes, lectures, and in addition to that, PRACTICING CHAMBER MUSIC) selection for the public concert will be made.
We want to work hard and learn, but we also want to meet each other and to exchange experience and be friends.
We will also try to have one free afternoon to spend together in Vienna and see a bit of this beautiful city.
IF YOU ARE COMING BY CAR, PLEASE TAKE YOUR MARIMBA WITH YOU. We will have several YAMAHA marimbas available.
We will practice chamber music with Marimbas and percussion. Therefore also percussion groups (duo, trio, quartett) are very welcome.
With an confirmation of your application, you will get an exact map of the location and explanation how to arrive to the academy site.
ACADEMY FEE and APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Vienna offers hundreds of different accomodation possibilities for everyones budget, so accomodation and food are NOT included in academy fee, and are to be organised by the partitipants themselves. We will have hotel recommendations soon.
APPLICATION DEAD LINE IS: JUNE 20th 2022.
Applying before APRIL 20th 2022 will save you € 50.-
- If applied before APRIL 20th 2022: ACTIVE: Euro 480.- PASSIVE: Euro 200.-
- If applied after APRIL 20th 2022: ACTIVE: Euro 530.- PASSIVE: Euro 220.-
- ONE DAY PASS with acces to all clinics and concerts of THAT day, (no individual lessons): Euro 50.-
- NON-percussionist-family pass (mom, dad, girlfriend, boyfriend) for entire academy incl all concerts: Euro 50.-
HOW TO APPLY? MAILING ADDRESS FOR APPLICATION AND PAYMENT REGULATION: ONLINE APPLICATION FORM: CLICK HERE
MONEY RETURN POLICY: In case you pay in full but do NOT come, and cancel BEFORE May 10th 2022, your full amount will be returned to you. (except banking fee) If you cancel AFTER MAY 10th, only a DEPOSIT (200 €) will be withhold and
rest will be paid back to you. Canceling AFTER JUNE 20th, – your total Academy fee will be withold. You may send replacement person for you and have it reimbursed when that person pays the fee.
(Pay pal or bank transfer, ask for bank details with the applicaiton)
ANY QUESTIONS?? CONTACT Nebojsa Zivkovic