Zivkovic’s International Summer Academy & Festival
for Marimba & Percussion 2024 (ZISAMP)
August 24th to August 30th, 2024 in VIENNA, Austria
Zivkovic’s International Summer Percussion Academy 2024! Vienna, Austria!
Join the international group of Marimba and Percussion enthusiasts at Zivkovic Marimba and Percussion Summer Academy. In 2024, Academy takes place in the centre of Vienna, Austria, inofficial music capital of the World. You will experience 5 very intensive days PACKED with concerts, lectures & masterclasses. AS ACTIVE PARTITIPANT YOU WILL GET 5 (yes, FIVE!!) INDIVIDUAL LESSONS DURING THE ACADEMY. ( open master class format, approx. 30-40 min each) In 2024, Nebojsa Jovan Zivkovic will invite again several top international guest artists from all over the world, in a unique combination of Soloists and Orchestral Percussionists from TOP orchestras. Aside the emphasis on Marimba and Marimba Duo, also Orchestral Timpani, Orchestral Percussion, Marching snare, up to the film music- experience from the “World of Hans Zimmer”, will be presented, – we have it all prepared!
Academy is intended primarily for advanced marimba students, percussion teachers, professionals – but everyone can benefit from this week. Also intermediate/less advanced players are welcome to enroll as active pertitipants at the Academy, if they prepare minimum two pieces of moderate difficulty. Selected participants may perform in public concerts on the last evening of the Academy.
There will be two possibilities to participate
ACADEMY will accept: performing participants (active) or observers (passive participants, basically just any guests).
It is highly recommended that players who wish to be ACTIVE partitipants of the Academy, apply early, since the number of active participants is limited to 35.
(Apply early to get better rate and be sure that you can be active participant. We expect that summer 2024 will be booked out before the first deadline.
So, IF you want to attend, make SURE to apply early. You will also save 50 Euro if you apply before April 20th 2024).
Each active participant should prepare minimum two composition of his choice. ANY piece for Marimba, in addition to it, ANY snare drum, timpani or multipercussion piece. ( Multipercussion preferably one of Zivkovic’s multipercussion works, we have the instruments for it) Players of any level are welcome as observers (passive participant). During the ZISAMP, each active participant will get FIVE individual lessons on the prepared pieces, or on anything else he would like to learn. Those individual lesson, are open master class format, whose length depends on the difficulty and length of the piece performed. Lessons are approx. 40 minutes each lesson. All active partitipants will also perform in various chamber music combination coached by Nebojsa and/or other guest artists.
Passive participants will also be involved in fundamental questions like grip, technique, etc but will not be involved in any performing or any individual lesson.
PUBLIC CONCERT with the participants and Nebojsa Zivkovic
There will be a CLOSING concert on the last evening of the ZISAMP2024, with the SELECTED partitipants. We are working to organize additional public concert in Vienna, right after the course. (to be confirmed) ONLY selected participants will perform in a public concert that MIGHT BE scheduled right after the Academy. (that additional concert is NOT part of the Academy) We have several world class marimba and percussion guest teachers! Use this chance to come with your duo or group and get professional coaching in chamber music.
Last but not least, this is your chance to take you partner with you to Vienna, and have a dream vacation in one of the most beautiful cities on the Earth.
This is what you will get at ZISAMP 2024:
- As active partitipant, you will get FIVE (5!!) individual lessons (master class format) ONE with NEBOJSA, and FOUR with different professors of your choice, this means every day one lesson plus all lectures and master classes 🙂
- you can attend Timpani, Rudimental snare, Marimba duo&solo, Orchestral Percussion master classes and lectures of your choice, by various professors, – DAILY.
- You will work on pieces you prepare with Nebojsa and professors of your choice (included are also solo PERCUSSION works or chamber music)
- Fundamental performing problems – some aspects of mental attitude towards solo performing.
- DAILY Guest Artist Lectures!! Will include: Marimba Four & Two-mallet technique, German timpani technique, Snare drum, orchestral studies, triangle, tambourin technique, Marching snare drum, Hans Zimmer (!) film music percussion parts… and more
- DAILY MALLETS TECHNIQUE WITH NEBOJSA FOR ALL (four mallet grip and technical exercises)
- Aesthetics and developing of sound on marimba, timpani, snare drum (sound, endurance, power-kicks, etc..)
- Fun & NON-JAZZ improvisation on the marimba (as you know, improvisation was there much before Jazz was invented)
- Introduction of new works for marimba and percussion (bring YOURS if you have something interesting!)
- Chamber music, duets, percussion trios, marimba and piano, etc… (we intend to play some of that during the Academy)
- YAMAHA concert percussion instruments exibition, Sheet Music exibition, Mallets, merchandise, and BIG Discount on purchasing during the academy. you save a lot of $$$)
PROFESSORS of ZISAMP 2024 ARE:
- Nebojsa Jovan Zivkovic – (Europe) Marimba & anything else you desire to know from him
- Anders Kann Elten Marimba virtuoso, teacher at Royal Danish academy of Music in Kopenhagen
- Brian Barker (Canada/Germany) – Solo timpanist of the Hamburg State Opera, lecturer University of Hamburg
- Thomas Schindl (Vienna) – Principal Percussion & assistant Timpanist Vienna Symphony orchestra
- David Christopher Panzl (Austria) Multipercussionist, marching specialist, Lecturer at State University Vienna
- Aleksandra Suklar (Slovenia/Austria) – affirming concert Artist & member of Hans Zimmer Band
- Lucid Duo (Austria): Irena Manolova (Bulgaria) & composer Tomasz Golinski (Poland) – marimba concert artists
Continue reading “Summer Academy for Marimba and Percussion 2024”